General Library Introduction
The library homepage is the entry point for all library searching activities.
Use this page to find journal articles, books, and media; get help with your
research; and access other resources.
• The top box labeled "Find Articles and Other Resources" is
where you will go to find journal articles on a specific topic. Click on the
drop-down arrow next to “Title” to access an A-Z listing of the
library’s databases. Click on the drop-down arrow next to “Subject”
to access the library’s subject guides. These guides will lead you to
databases and resources relevant to your subject/major. Once in the appropriate
guide, click on the “databases” link to see a list of recommended
• The second box on the page labeled “Find Books and Media”
is where you will go to find a book in our catalog. Type the name of the book,
keywords related to your topic, or an author’s name (last name first)
in the search box. Remember, you won't find individual journal articles by searching
in the catalog; for those use the “Find Articles and Other Resources”
• Use the third box labeled “Find E-Journals” to see if we
have electronic access to a specific journal (this tool will also indicate if
the journal is available in print for most journals). Type the journal name
(NOT the article title or any other search terms) into the search box and click
search. If the journal is available, you will see a list of links to databases
where you can access articles from that journal. Pay attention to the years
next to the links and choose the link that corresponds to the year that you
• If the library does not have electronic or print access to a journal
article, you can order it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). The link for this
service is on the top left hand side of the homepage.
[Click here for a quick ILL tutorial]
• Click on the third link on the left hand side of the homepage labeled
“Course Reserves” to access electronic materials that your professor
has put on Course Reserves.
• Click on the “Help Guides” link on the left hand side of
the page to access APA, MLA, and Chicago style guides and other library guides
• Click the “Hours” link on the lower left of the page to
find out when we are open.
• Use our "Need Help?" box on the bottom of the page to get
library help via email, phone, chat, or text message.